Marble purely means elegance. The elegance that marble provides easily makes it one of the most preferred options for homeowners. Let’s discuss the marble backsplash here. The popularity of the marble backsplash has been increasing on an exponential basis for a while now. However, still, there are some homeowners who don’t prefer going with marble, and they have their own valid set of reasons for the same. This blog by the experts from our tile store in Mississauga provides you with a deep insight into the marble backsplash. Hence, if you are confused if a marble backsplash would really go well with your kitchen, just read this blog.
What are the benefits of marble backsplash?Firstly, let’s understand the benefits that the marble backsplash comes alongside it.
- Durability: You definitely want your backsplash to be durable. And, marble is extremely durable, which gives you a concrete reason to go with a marble backsplash. The durability means a long-term option, and hence if you go with the marble backsplash, you give yourself a durable option.
- Heat resistant: The backsplash holds a lot of hot food. Hence, it’s necessary that it is heat resistant. Marble can withstand heat up to 250 Degrees Celsius. Hence, if you get the marble backsplash installed, you can stay assured about its capability to withstand the heat of the food.
- Visually appealing: The kitchen backsplash plays a decisive role in terms of deciding the aesthetics of your kitchen. Hence, if you have a visually appealing backsplash, your kitchen is bound to give your kitchen attractive looks and hence give you and others a pleasant vibe.
- Increasing the home value: Marble kitchen backsplash automatically imparts a positive psychological impact on the person’s mind. It not only looks amazing, but it is also a long-term option, which will save the buyer from a lot of minor expenses. It would definitely increase your home value to a considerable extent.
What are the disadvantages of marble backsplash?Now, when we know the benefits, let’s go through some disadvantages of the kitchen backsplash.
- A bit expensive: Marble backsplash is a slightly expensive option as compared to other kitchen backsplash options. Hence, if you are under a tight budget constraint, a marble backsplash won’t be your ideal choice.
- Prone to scratching: Marble is prone to scratching, which necessitates the fact that you need to be a bit careful when you get the marble backsplash installed. Hence, if you are looking for an option that requires less maintenance and care, a marble backsplash isn’t your ideal choice.
Sealing a marble backsplashThe sealing aspect is another thing that most people consider when choosing a backsplash. For a marble backsplash, you need to seal the marble backsplash once a year. We feel that sealing the backsplash once a year is reasonable and not a fact that can be considered a reason for not going with this backsplash.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does a marble backsplash go well with every kitchen design? Yes. The marble backsplash goes well with almost every kitchen design. Marble is an element that can suit every shape and design.
- Doesn’t a marble break too easily? Is it really ideal to install the marble backsplash when the durability aspect is taken into consideration? No. Marble is one of the most durable elements present on the earth. As mentioned, a marble backsplash is extremely durable. Hence, you can get the marble backsplash installed without any worries.
- How much time will the marble backsplash take to dry? It usually takes 4-6 hours for the marble backsplash to dry.
- How do I shield my marble backsplash? You can use silicone at the meeting point of the backsplash and countertop. It won’t allow the water to sleep. This is one of the best ways to shield your marble backsplash and keep it away from water damage, which is very common and extremely serious.